Board and card games have seen a tremendous surge in popularity among college students and young professionals. While some may be quite intricate and geeky, others are easy to play and work well for a single session.
Here is a list of the most popularly gifted tabletop and party games:
- Settlers of Catan
- Pandemic Legacy: Season 1
- Arkham Horror: The Card Game – Winner of the 2017 SXSW Tabletop Game of the Year Award
- King of Tokyo Board Game – Good party game, easy to play, fun for a wide variety of people
- Cards Against Humanity: At best, this game is PG-13. If you understand all the references, it can quickly veer over into the R category. It’s a tongue-in-cheek, rebel’s version reminiscent of the children’s game “Apples to Apples” in which players try to use their wit to attract the “it” person to their answer. Though the game is extremely popular, your college student may cringe if you get this gift for them. If you do gift it, you may want to abstain from playing it with them. Let them play with their friends.
- Betrayal at House on a Hill
- Ticket to Ride – Good party game and easy to play, fun for a wide variety of people
- Game of the Year Gift Pack
Related articles: Top 10 Geekiest Tabletop Games for Your Loved Geek
Related articles: Top 10 Easy to Play Party and Games